Friday 18 November 2011

A chilly day - a longer run

Yes I know it's November, so what should I expect?? Except here is is allegedly early summer!

Remembering that I had made my best progress in running by adhering to the dictat of the heart rate monitor, I embarked on the long generally slow if not VERY slow business of clocking up miles without letting my heart rate go over 70% of max, or 75 on the hills.

Ineveitably at this stage this will mean a lot of walking, as it did.

Anyway - for all the chill, a good run. Some beautiful trees - not yet dived off into the bush but there is plenty of time and scope for that around here - but boy oh boy, those hills!!

2 comments:

  1. Consistency, consistency.
    Well I remember struggling round the block during my NZ stay- just over a mile, but frequent running, new friends and a marathon time later that Year in Auckland that still suprises me nearly 10 years on.
    Oh and the hills - they are your friends, embrace them, you will be stronger, fitter and faster and a better person for knowing them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers my friend :-)
    Can't avoid them!! - Some are PAINFULLY steep - check out Pacific Street on Streetview.

    ReplyDelete